Home > Switzerland News > Magnolia Organization Releases Magnolia 2.1
Magnolia Organization Releases Magnolia 2.1
(PRWEB) September 7, 2005 -- Magnolia Organization is proud to release Magnolia 2.1, a major update to the Magnolia Enterprise Content Management System (ECM). Magnolia 2.1 provides a host of new features and turns the leading JSR-170 based content management system into an Enterprise Suite.
Magnolia 2.1 speaks 15 major languages, including English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese. It contains numerous new features: native search, XML-based import/export, a new cross-browser rich-text editor and drop-in single container deployment amongst others.
Magnolia 2.1 combines advantages of web-based software - like zero client installation - with the outstanding usability of desktop software. All functions can easily be activated in context sensitive menus or via drag'n'drop.
"With this release, Magnolia has finished the transition from a pure Content Management System to the foundation of a complete Enterprise Suite" says Pascal Mangold, CEO of obinary, the company that ignited Magnolia and finances most of its development.
Magnolia for Web Content 2.1. is the first member of the newly created Magnolia Suite. The Suite's foundation is the Magnolia Server, a framework for developing JSR-170 based software that is powerful, easy-to-use, standards-compliant and flexible.
Several new applications are in the works to complete the Magnolia Suite, amongst them Magnolia For Documents and Magnolia For Business Processes, two commercially licensed additions to the otherwise open-source Magnolia suite.
Magnolia sports an active international developer community lead by obinary, Switzerland, and is used throughout the world by corporations of any size and in any business. Professional support and training is available through Magnolia Organization and a growing network of industry-leading certified Magnolia Partners.
Most notable new features:
* full I18N support - delivered with 15 major languages
* native search
* import/export of XML based data
* supports several JSR-170 compliant repository implementations, including the Open Source implementations "Jackrabbit" and "Jeiceira" as well as commercial alternatives.
* improved performance through 70% reduction in number of nodes compared to Magnolia 2.0
* simple war-file drop-in deployment on any J2EE container
* run as many Magnolia sites as you like within a single J2EE container for cost-effective hosting
* choice of two leading cross-browser rich-text editors - Kupu and fckEditor
* vastly improved module mechanism to provide for flexible and easy extensibility
About Magnolia Organization:
Magnolia Organization markets and manages all commercial activities regarding Magnolia, including partnerships, certification programs, commercial Magnolia products and the Magnolia brand. It manages all legal aspects surrounding the Magnolia brand and provides infrastructure and support for the Magnolia Community.
Back to Switzerland News